Hiding

I'm into my second week of memorizing scripture with a few of my roommates. This time next year, I pray that we've hidden at least 52 verses in our hearts in order that we might not sin against God (Psalm 119: 11). Deuteronomy 7: 9 christened our trek through the Word.



9 Know therefore that the
Lord your God is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and steadfast love with those who love him and keep his commandments, to a thousand generations

I wanted to start this as I've been thinking about what it looks like to mirror Christ; to be intimately involved with the life of the Son, and a few of my roommates were on board. Jesus quoted parts of our verse for this week (Deut. 10: 12-13) when he was questioned by pharisees as to which commandment was greatest. When tempted or when questions were asked, Jesus would answer with scripture. I have so enjoyed praying and dwelling on a few verses and being able to say them from my heart. Deut. 7: 9 has been such a beacon of light for me when I've struggled with whatever. Offering grace, being joyful, keeping my tongue in check, keeping my eyes in check, whatever. I've used it out of context, preaching it to myself and it still seems to reorient me to truth, and not my deceitful self. I trust the breath of God, and I'm learning to not trust myself, unless I know it lines up with what He says. God has equipped us with the tools for life, providing the foundation for what a life that counts looks like. I'm excited to see how God blesses and uses this discipline to further and enrich his Kingdom. I wholeheartedly urge you to give it a try.

0 comments:

Post a Comment