Matthew 5:14-16

Let me love both friend and foe.
Let me shine, though fallen,
with a life, so distinctive,
displaying your glow.
For you have made me a city,
not hidden from view,
but a light among men
that points only to you.
Let me be the proof that
You are making all things new,
that you can be trusted
and that your existence is true.
Let your promises pierce -
deep into my heart,
cut out pride and fear
and greed to start.
For you are the Great Surgeon,
the one writing this story.
Oh, would you please take next,
any ounce of vain glory?
Replace them with contentment and love,
and freedom for others.
Let your presence be clear
to my sisters and brothers.
Light of the world,
to my heart you are knit,
Let my life show your hope and freedom,
that the world will admit
That you are real and glorious,
and worthy of praise.
Your light I shall shine,
for the rest of my days.

0 comments:

Post a Comment