seraphs and superlatives


Holiness, holiness is what I long for. Holiness is what I need. Holiness is what you want from me. So, take my heart and form it; take my mind, transform it; take my will, conform it to yours, to yours, oh Lord.
Faithfulness, faithfulness...
Righteousness, righteousness...
to yours, to yours, oh Lord.

I have been thinking and praying about holiness after encountering, and seeing with fresh eyes, my sin juxtaposed with a perfect God. I have grown comfortable with my flesh, and blinded to truths that were so evident not long ago. I have allowed my own heart, my own mind, and my body to become corrupted. Tonight, my brokenness was met with open arms.
Lord, you used Revelation 4 and 5 to show me that you are worthy of worship, and you used it to awe and flatten me, just as the twenty-four elders and four living creatures fell down before the Lamb. And we began to sing a new song.
You are sorting out my imperfections. Lord, you really are taking away what pollutes me. Even though I so often feel lost and am frustrated by that, Lord I can feel that things are changing, and that things are changed. You are restoring clarity to a very clouded heart, mind, and body.
You are growing my confidence in you, that you really do have the ability to take away the cancerous things that seem to have metastasized, by bringing purity.
Turn my deserts into gardens. You are, you have, and you will continue.
Because of having met you, and because of knowing you, there are things I could not see that I can see now; that I did not know that I know now, because you taught me, because you have done work to mend what once was broken.
Lord, give us the ability to see you and hear you and follow you. Keep us trusting in you, that you are the one doing the work, and that you are the one who is faithful.
Transform our hearts that we may be a people who bring transformation.
You do really good work Lord, you really do.

"Holy, holy, holy is the Lord of hosts;
the whole earth is full of his glory!"
Isaiah 6:3

(adapted from the prayer of a dear friend)

0 comments:

Post a Comment